(magazine) Lisa Edelstein’s odd Boston connection - Boston.com

« Older   Newer »

Group
    founder

Status
    Lisa Edelstein’s odd Boston connection - Boston.com

CITAZIONE
    Actress Lisa Edelstein, best known for her many years on Fox’s medical drama “House,’’ isn’t really from Boston even though she was born here. She was raised in New Jersey and spent years in New York - but she tells us that one of the most important moments in her early life did happen here in the Hub. “I was switched at birth,’’ she revealed to us by phone on Monday. Edelstein was born at the Lying-In Hospital, which eventually became Boston Hospital for Women and then Brigham and Women’s. Edelstein said that shortly after she was born, she was given the wrong wrist band and was presented to the wrong family. Thankfully, her parents noticed that their 5-pound baby had suddenly grown to be much larger. Edelstein’s mom wound up pushing the hospital and the parents of the other baby to figure out where the kids belonged. “My mother jokes that I was almost the Queen of England,’’ Edelstein told us, laughing. Edelstein left “House’’ last season and confirmed to us that she won’t be returning to the show for any of its final episodes (the series ends for good on May 21). Her latest projects include an arc on “The Good Wife’’ and an ad for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals that features her posing naked on a bed of kale to promote vegetarianism. Edelstein, who’s been a vegetarian for decades, said she didn’t mind lying on kale but that the AstroTurf underneath the vegetable during the photo shoot didn’t feel so great. Turns out, she’s allergic to the synthetic material. “When I got up, all of the AstroTurf marks had turned into hives.’’

Source
    Web

2. huddylori

User deleted

Grazie Tere...Lisa è davvero stupenda nella foto!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Group
    founder

Status
    CITAZIONE (huddylori @ 11/4/2012, 14:19) 
    Grazie Tere...Lisa è davvero stupenda nella foto!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

lo so *___________* io infatti non ho resistito e ho già fatto un photoset su tumblr XD
    Web

4. 'ælis

User deleted

QUALCUNA QUI MI VUOLE MORTA KGVHSGDBHGSDBHSBD

Group
    founder

Status
    CITAZIONE
    Lisa Edelstein Saves the World One Bite at a Time

Actor Lisa Edelstein hasn't eaten meat in more than three decades—and she has the jaw-dropping body to prove it. By eating vegetarian meals, Lisa preserves her health, helps combats environmental devastation, and saves animals who are used by the meat industry from a painful life and death. Looking luminous in her gorgeous ad for PETA, which was shot by top celebrity photographer Jack Guy, Lisa encourages fans to "eat green to go green."

Check out the behind-the-scenes video from Lisa's photo shoot and learn why this sexy stunner is a proud vegetarian and rescued dog guardian:

Lisa knows that vegetarianism is a "really important part of what we need to do to help the environment". Join her and raise awareness about meat's global impact on the environment. Tweet these facts:

Seventy percent of the grain and cereals grown in the U.S. are fed to farmed animals.
    Roughly 80 percent of ammonia emissions in the U.S. come from animal waste.
    Producing a little more than 2 pounds of beef causes more greenhouse-gas emissions than driving a car for three hours.
    How can you combat climate change, health problems, and cruelty to animals? By following Lisa's encouragement to go vegetarian, you'll "make … an enormous impact for the whole world."

Turn over a new leaf: save animals and the planet, one bite at a time!

lisaedelstein_PETA72

Source
    Web

6. 'ælis

User deleted

OH MAMMINA JGDVSHGDVDSHGVDHGSDVGSDVDHSVDHVSD

AL MOMENTO NON SONO IN GRADO DI COMMENTARE!
    JSDVHSGDVHSVG *MUORE*

Group
    founder

Status
    fatto anche un photoset oggi v.v

http://misscarta.tumblr.com/post/20904852665
    Web

8. huddylori

User deleted

Sono letteralmente SENZA PAROLE!!!

: :barella: :

Group
    founder

Status
    CITAZIONE
    Lisa Edelstein Strips For New Peta Ad

Lisa Edelstein Shows Off Her Veggie-Made Physique to Promote Environmentally Friendly Vegetarian Meals

The American actress and playwright Lisa Edelstein best known for her role as Dr. Lisa Cuddy on the television drama House.

Lying naked on a blanket of fresh green vegetables below the words "Eat Green to Go Green", Lisa Edelstein stars in a brand-new pro-vegetarian print ad for PETA. While the ad's message is to "eat your veggies to help stop cruelty to animals and save the environment one bite at a time", the 44-year-old vegetarian star's toned physique speaks for itself. The ad was shot by top photographer Jack Guy.

lisa-edelstein-peta-uk300

"A vegetarian diet is a really important part of what we need to do to help the environment", explains Edelstein in an exclusive PETA US interview. "The meat industry is really toxic to the environment. The cattle industry – besides the fact that there's a lot of cruel things happening – the manure is extremely toxic."

The cattle industry – besides the fact that there's a lot of cruel things happening – the manure is extremely toxic
    The meat industry is responsible for an enormous amount of water pollution and land degradation. What's more, a recent United Nations report concluded that a global shift towards a vegan diet is necessary to combat the worst effects of climate change, as raising animals for food is one of the largest sources of carbon dioxide and the single largest source of both methane and nitrous-oxide emissions.

Not only does going vegetarian help the environment, it can also give your health a boost, as vegetarians are less prone to heart disease, strokes, diabetes, cancer and obesity than meat-eaters are. And of course, it saves animals from extreme suffering on factory farms, in abattoirs and on the decks of fishing boats.

"I like to encourage people to be a vegetarian once a week and then maybe twice a week", concludes Edelstein, "because that makes such an enormous impact for the whole world that it's really valuable for everyone. So I'm just trying to push that campaign forward – with my body, apparently".

Edelstein is part of a growing list of celebrities – including Alicia Silverstone, Chantelle Houghton, Sir Paul McCartney, Joss Stone, Joaquin Phoenix, Pamela Anderson and many more – who have teamed up with PETA to promote vegetarian eating.

Source
    Web

Group
    founder

Status
    CITAZIONE
    Lisa Edelstein ‏

La la la, I'm just lounging around naked on my bed of greens. Go veg. Go green. http://t.co/eGYzhK06

CITAZIONE
    Piers Morgan

And.. I'm turning vegetarian RT @LisaEdelstein I'm just lounging around naked on my bed of greens. Go veg. Go green. bit.ly/A5a5Hv

CITAZIONE
    Nadia Dajani

@LisaEdelstein Girl, PUT SOME CLOTHES ON! (awesome vid, proud of you)

CITAZIONE
    Michael Ausiello ‏ @MichaelAusiello Risposta Ritwittato Preferiti · Apri
    Yowza! @LisaEdelstein La la la, I'm just lounging around naked on my bed of greens. Go veg. Go green. youtube.com/watch?v=F8oAzG…

CITAZIONE
    Team Lisa Edelstein

.@LisaEdelstein on FB:"There's no way to post a naked pic of 1self w/out being obnoxious so check out my sweet ass & then quit eating meat."

Web

Group
    founder

Status
    CITAZIONE
    Team Lisa Edelstein

#House star Lisa Edelstein poses nude on a bed of kale for new PETA campaign http://t.co/Fev4uHAl via @MailOnline

Web

12. huddylori

User deleted

Grazie Tere!!1
    Qualche commento acido non manca mai!!!

Group
    founder

Status
    CITAZIONE (huddylori @ 12/4/2012, 17:41) 
    Grazie Tere!!1
    Qualche commento acido non manca mai!!!

tutta invidia la loro u.u
    Web

Group
    founder

Status
    CITAZIONE
    Lisa Edelstein's Ad for PETA (two articles)
    CITAZIONE
    “With Doctor Cuddy even vegetables have sex appeal”
    The woman that has tormented Dr. House accepted to take her clothes off to highlight the advantages of being a vegetarian. The Peta organization “wrapped” Lisa Edelstein in kale and showed us the result.
    Lisa Edelstein, better known as Dr. Cuddy from the show “House”, posed naked for the animal rights organization, Peta’s latest campaign – “Eat Grean, To Go Green” – which defends the advantages of beeing a vegetarian. An option the actress made when she was 15.
    “Vegetarianism is a really important part of what we need to do to help the environment . The meat industry is really toxic for the environment… I’m just trying to push that campaign forward – with my body, apparently” said the 44 year old actress.

CITAZIONE
    “Lisa Edelstein: naked and seasoned”
    The famous Cuddy is the body of Peta’s newest campaign that will make all man crave vegetables over meat.
    The actress accepted to pose naked to promote vegetarianism with the motto Eat Green to Go Green.
    Unprejudiced, Lisa, of 45 years of age, who hasn’t eaten meat in over 30 years, was the perfect choice for this campaign, showing us her breathtaking body.
    Known as Hugh Laurie’s (Dr. House from the tv show “House”) eternal passion, the actress revels that being a vegetarian has helped her preserve and take care of her health.
    Photographed in what looks like a giant salad, Lisa promises to leave a lot of men mouth watering.

Source
    Web

15. huddylori

User deleted

Grazie Tere!!
    Io non riuscirò mai ad essere vegetariana!

19 replies since 11/4/2012, 12:47   731 views